Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tagged...

There's a first for everything and this is the first time I've been virtually tagged, by the lovely Jennifier, fellow blogger, teacher and crafter. Here are her questions and my answers:

1. How big is your stash?
I suppose that depends on who you ask, but I think not very big at all. About two plastic office drawers and a bit of a stack on top. And I just added a gorgeous fat 1/8th bundle of Oh Deer! to it. Joy!

2. What is your favorite treat?
Chocolate and pretzels. Since I can't get chocolate covered pretzels here I usually eat pretzels with a handful of M&Ms.

3. When do you usually quilt?
Usually in the evenings, after the kids are in bed. But for any big job, e.g. basting, I save for a rare morning or afternoon without kids.

4. How many projects do you have going on right now?
Officially, one - I've just started my daughter's single/twin bed quilt, using It's a Hoot by MoMo. But I've also selected and washed fabrics for 3 different children's clothing items.

5. What is the weather like?
Dreary and damp. Emphasis on the damp. Damp clothes hanging under the house and all over the house!


6. What keeps you from quilting?
Not enough time and/or energy, and no dedicated sewing space. It takes that much extra energy and time to get everything set up for sewing, that it's only worth doing if I have a couple of hours.

7. What color fabric do you buy most often and is it your favorite color?
I buy lots of purples and teals and pinks. Purples and teals are favourites of mine and the pink is my daughter's fave.


8. What is the largest and the smallest quilts you have made?
I've only made a few quilts so far. The smallest was a doll quilt:
And the largest was recently completed for my son - a single/twin bed quilt.

And now it's my turn to tag! The following people have provided inspiration and support since I started sewing and blogging:
  1. Jenny at Cut.Sew.Iron.Repeat 
  2. Danielle at Petits Elefants
  3. Hollie at The Undercover Crafter
  4. Catherine at The Sewing Attic
  5. Hilary at Quilary
 And my questions for you are:
  1. When did you start quilting?
  2. What inspires you to quilt?
  3. Do you plan your quilts ahead of time or just think as you go?
  4. Where do you sew?
  5. What fabric do you dream about? (whether you own it or not!)
  6. Do you sew more often for yourself or others?
  7. What's your dream holiday/vacation?
  8.  What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails